Friday, June 30, 2006

Introduction to the Wire

I'll go out on a limb and claim that the Mortgage and Real Estate industries have the most information about them provided to the public. More and more people have become homeowners and real estate investors than ever before. Countless publications, seminars, even reality TV shows encourage everyone to dive in to Real Estate. Real Estate Information has become a big industry all in itself. With all that is out there, you would think everyone is pulling down deals that would make Donald Trump jealous. Well, not exactly. What I have found, is that although more people are armed with information in Real Estate and Mortgages, much of them seem to be, walking around with bad or incomplete information.

It is understandable that so much information on home buying and financing is out there because there is a lot to know. It can be very intimidating especially considering that things (laws, housing trends, mortgage rates, loan products, etc.) are always changing, and this is a business that requires a great deal of paperwork. And also, to put things in perspective, you are buying something that costs more than you make in about two years, and you are signing up for practically a 30-year commitment. A little knowledge can go a long way to help break down the intimidation.

So my task here is to provide you with clear and concise understanding of the basics and trends of the industry so you can be on your way. I am assembling experts in the fields of Real Estate, Financing, Home Improvement and Property Management to help contribute to the cause. You will also find quick links to resources from major industry sources. I will never claim to be the ultimate authority by any means. Given the nature of the constantly changing information on the subjects at hand, it is impossible for one person to be on top of it all. What I do have to offer is an honest, sincere, and unique perspective to Real Estate. Before I was a Real Estate Agent, I was a Loan Officer for a residential mortgage broker. Before I was a Loan Officer, I left my first home purchase sick to my stomach with a realization that I was completely taken advantage of by my agent and his “real” client, the seller.

Had I have known that I could have walked away from the closing table before signing the deal, I would. Unfortunately for me I didn't, but it compelled me to know more about the business. As a lender and agent, it has helped me to sincerely identify with my client’s needs and concerns when approaching their purchase or sale. I took my example as a mission to never have my clients go through a bad experience like that. The greatest protection I could think of was to empower them with the basic knowledge and break down the industry jargon of the “who’s”, “how’s”, and “why’s” of the business. I have found this to be a distinct advantage that I never loose that perspective for every client I work with, seasoned or unseasoned.

Everyone has a horror story of a bad real estate experience. There are so many ethical people in the business who have to work hard to overshadow these bad apples. We hope you find the information from this site to be useful in building that knowledge and the confidence to make the right real estate decisions and leave the horror stories in the past.

Thank you and enjoy this site. If you have a topic you would like to read more about please let me know at mferreri@mindspring.com

Enter your email address:

0 Comments:

<< Home